1994 was a great year for Japanese car manufacturing. Below you find examples that were produced in 1994 making them legal to import to the USA in 2019. Keep in mind, the manufacturing / production date is only an indicator of vehicle admissibility. For legal importation to the US, under the 25 year rule, the vehicle must have been first registered 25 years ago — to the month of initial registration. Check with your JDM importer / exporter to confirm.
Click on a model to view examples currently available for import.
Best JDM Sports Cars
This list is in alphabetical order.
- 1994 Honda Civic SIR-II
- 1994 Honda NSX
- 1994 Honda Prelude
- 1994 Mazda Cosmo
- 1994 Mazda RX-7 R2 (FD3S)
- 1994 Mitsubishi GTO (3000 GT)
- 1994 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution II
- 1994 Nissan 180SX Type X (S14 SR20DET)
- 1994 Nissan Fairlady Z (Z32 300ZX)
- 1994 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
- 1994 Nissan Silvia K’s (S14 240SX / 200SX)
- 1994 Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32)
- 1994 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
- 1994 Toyota Celica GT-Four
- 1994 Toyota Chaser (JXZ90)
- 1994 Toyota MR-2 G-Limited (SW20)
- 1994 Toyota Soarer (JZZ30 with 1JZ-GTE)
- 1994 Toyota Supra (JZA80)
- 1994 Mazda AZ-1
- 1994 Suzuki Cappuccino LTD
Best JDM Trucks
Some of the most reliable, turbo diesel powered 4X4s in the world were manufactured in Japan in 1994.
- 1994 Mitsubishi Pajero
- 1994 Nissan Safari Gran Road
- 1994 Toyota Land Cruiser
- 1994 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado
- 1994 Honda Acty
- 1994 Suzuki Jimny
Best JDM Vans
Unlike the soccer mom vans produced for North America our friends in Asia and Europe had access to amazing turbo diesel powered 4×4 vans.
Featured image source: https://intransit.cc/